Discussion: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 47  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next

zbnoko
Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jun 4 2006, 6:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2006, 6:27 AM EDT
I was diagnosed 3 years ago with a myxoid liposarcoma in my left thigh. I had a radical surgery ot hae it removed, so far, so good.

I recently found a small lump on my upper, outer arm about a month ago. It was only the size of a small pea but has gotten to be grape size and for some reason, my untire upper arm in now bruised and painful to the touch. I have an appointment this Tuesday to have it looked at.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this before. Thanks. I can't find much info on the net concerning this.
83  out of 107 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jun 8 2006, 11:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2006, 11:26 AM EDT
I'm replying because two days ago I found a pea sized lump on my bicep. The area around the lump is bruised but I know I did not hurt myself. I'd be interested to know what your doctor says. It does not hurt to touch but it does hurt to palpate. 63  out of 78 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jun 20 2006, 3:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 20 2006, 3:35 PM EDT
"I'm replying because two days ago I found a pea sized lump on my bicep. The area around the lump is bruised but I know I did not hurt myself. I'd be interested to know what your doctor says. It does not hurt to touch but it does hurt to palpate."
My Mother has breast cancer and is currently undergoing chemo and now has discovered two small lumps above her port. Is is possilbe to get more cancer while undergoing chemo?
13  out of 24 found this valuable. Do you?    
Louise
Louise
3. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jun 20 2006, 5:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 20 2006, 5:28 PM EDT
"My Mother has breast cancer and is currently undergoing chemo and now has discovered two small lumps above her port. Is is possilbe to get more cancer while undergoing chemo?"
Yes it is possible to have cancer metastasize while undergoing chemo -- it happens when the cancer becomes desensitized to the chemo agent being used. This is one reason why it is important to keep developing drugs -- so there are other options for treatment if one drug does not work against the cancer.

It may be that your mother's lumps are not cancer, but scar tissue from the placement of the port, or pockets of infection from the placement of the port, but it is imperative that she have this checked out as soon as possible -- this week, if she can. If the chemo is no longer working, it is most important to get her on a new drug to fight the cancer.

Best of luck to you and your mom, let us know what she learns if you can.

Louise, wikiCancer moderator

p.s. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment on my profile page.
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jul 8 2006, 8:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2006, 8:07 AM EDT
"Yes it is possible to have cancer metastasize while undergoing chemo -- it happens when the cancer becomes desensitized to the chemo agent being used. This is one reason why it is important to keep developing drugs -- so there are other options for treatment if one drug does not work against the cancer.

It may be that your mother's lumps are not cancer, but scar tissue from the placement of the port, or pockets of infection from the placement of the port, but it is imperative that she have this checked out as soon as possible -- this week, if she can. If the chemo is no longer working, it is most important to get her on a new drug to fight the cancer.

Best of luck to you and your mom, let us know what she learns if you can.

p.s. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a comment on my profile page. "
I had, what appeared to bug bites on my arm. They were terribly itchy. I went to one doctor and he said I had sand Fleas bites. He have me some salve but it didn't do much. I went to another doctor and he said I had Jigger bites (hadn't been a lake), He gave me another salve. I went to the third doctor and she took a biopsey and it came back that I had some sort of an insect bite. She gave me some stronger cream and that helped.

NOW, I have developed a lump on my upper, outer arm where I had all of the problems, the size of a grape. It too is all bruised.
10  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Aug 10 2006, 9:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2006, 9:34 AM EDT
"did you ever find out what the lump in your bicep area was?"
have lump backside of upper arm, probably grape size, has been there for awhile.
its not bothersome but recently noticed a smaller lump a few inches away by accident.
neither hurt, what could it be??
34  out of 39 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Oct 30 2006, 10:06 AM EST | Post edited: Oct 30 2006, 10:06 AM EST
I have a lump on my upper arm its about the size of a pea and is extremely itch and is starting to hurt, I havae only just discovered it tonight, we dont have any pets so cant see it being a flea bite or and insect? It seems to me as if its getting slightly larger as im typing this? can anyone help? 13  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    
Louise
Louise
9. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Nov 1 2006, 3:55 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 1 2006, 3:55 AM EST
"I have a lump on my upper arm its about the size of a pea and is extremely itch and is starting to hurt, I havae only just discovered it tonight, we dont have any pets so cant see it being a flea bite or and insect? It seems to me as if its getting slightly larger as im typing this? can anyone help?"
Definitely have this looked at by a doctor. While it could be an insect bite or something benign, it may be something more serious like the original posters myxoid liposarcoma. Go to your doctor and find out what is causing the bump. If you find out what it is, or it goes away on its own, could you let us know? I'm curious to find out what it is.

11  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Nov 6 2006, 12:56 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 6 2006, 12:56 PM EST
I just found one lump on my upper right arm. it is a little bit pain full if pressed. But i don't know what to do yet. aplease advise. 23  out of 28 found this valuable. Do you?    
Louise
Louise
11. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Nov 6 2006, 3:02 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 6 2006, 3:02 PM EST
I am not a doctor, but whenever you have any changes like lumps appearing, it is important that you have a doctor check it out. It may be nothing, but you want to have it checked out to make sure it isn't something serious.

9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
merkelcellcancer
merkelcellcancer
13. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Dec 22 2006, 5:15 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 22 2006, 5:15 AM EST
I would suggest that you need to see your primary care doctor and ask to have this looked at. It may be a small fatty cyst, or another issue.
I am a survivor of Merkel Cell Cancer. This is a rare cancer that need to be considered. A biopsy can be used to screen for this cancer. When caught very early this is treatable.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/merkelcell?hl=en

George
8  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jan 30 2007, 2:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2007, 2:13 AM EST
"I'm replying because two days ago I found a pea sized lump on my bicep. The area around the lump is bruised but I know I did not hurt myself. I'd be interested to know what your doctor says. It does not hurt to touch but it does hurt to palpate."
I have the same thing. I ask myself did I bump into something? I don't think so. I noticed it yesterday and today it is clearly worse. I don't se any bruise at all, it hurts when I touch it and itches when I don't.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
merkelcellcancer
merkelcellcancer
16. RE: small lump on my upper outter arm and parotid gland....
Feb 13 2007, 7:45 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2007, 7:45 AM EST
"Hi, Iabout two weeks ago I noticed a small bump smaller than a pea on my parotid gland and it hasn't disappeared yet. It doesn't cause me any problems but I am really worried about it. I also have noticed I have a small bump on my upper outter arm and it is slightly raised like a pimple but it isn't....I believe ithas been there for quite some time and hasn't caused me any trouble either.....I am going to go get it checked out by a doctor asap but I was wondering what everyone elses' thoughts were....thanks"
Not to scare you, but on the serious side, any bump on or near the parotid gland is serious and should be checked out by a medical professional, preferably by a surgical dermatologist, one that is familiar with merkel cell cancer. Of the 113 members of our Merkel Cell Cancer discussion group there are a handful that have had cancer (merkel cell cancer) in the parotid gland.

Please be sure to let us know what you are able to do.

George
8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
16. RE: small lump on my upper outter arm and parotid gland....
Feb 24 2007, 2:31 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2007, 2:31 AM EST
"Hi, Iabout two weeks ago I noticed a small bump smaller than a pea on my parotid gland and it hasn't disappeared yet. It doesn't cause me any problems but I am really worried about it. I also have noticed I have a small bump on my upper outter arm and it is slightly raised like a pimple but it isn't....I believe ithas been there for quite some time and hasn't caused me any trouble either.....I am going to go get it checked out by a doctor asap but I was wondering what everyone elses' thoughts were....thanks"
I have notived a small bump on my upper right arm I am taking blood tests to get it looked at today. It started off sudden, like one day WHAM it was here, painful to the touch and around it the skin is severly bruised and purple. Thats what worried me, but when I saw the Doctor yesterday he said the bruise was secondary and the lump is what concerned him. He suggested keeping an eye on it and if it doesn't go away in a month to see another Doctor. I think I will follow the advice someone gave here and see a dermatologist.
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
17. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jan 30 2007, 6:58 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 30 2007, 6:58 PM EST
I had a lump on my
outside upper arm that was very itchy. When I scratched, it would sting. A year later the lump changed in size, shape and color. As I was driving home after having a biobsy the stitches began popping out. A half hour later I had to return to the Dr. because the lump had fully grown to it's original size. After having 6 surgeries to try and remove the tumor I finally had radiation treatments which seemed to have done the trick. epetheilial hyperplasia
4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Renee777
17. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Mar 17 2007, 6:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 17 2007, 6:52 AM EDT
I think you should see a doctor immediately just in case. I hope it's nothing. If you do go to the doctor, please visit my website, http://someonetotalkto.wetpaint.com and tell me how it goes.
from,
Renee
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Louise
Louise
18. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
Jan 31 2007, 4:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2007, 4:44 AM EST
Wow, thanks for sharing that story. How scary that must have been.

I would like to suggest to everyone who comes to contribute in this thread that they sign up for a wikiCancer account and post under their user name (you will still be anonymous as long as your user name doesn't identify your real name). We have some many "anonymous" postings in this thread that it's beginning to become difficult to tell who is a new poster and who is following up to an old posting.

Thanks.

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

razzo15
18. RE: small lump on my Bicep
Apr 19 2007, 11:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2007, 11:12 AM EDT
i have just noticed a small half pea sized lump on my arm, it is not painfull in any way at all even when i scratch, press and punch it although i am very cancer aware and i am very worried??????? can any one help me??????????? 5  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
19. RE: Newl lump on arm. (outside upper arm)
May 21 2007, 4:24 AM EDT | Post edited: May 21 2007, 4:24 AM EDT
"Definitely have this looked at by a doctor. While it could be an insect bite or something benign, it may be something more serious like the original posters myxoid liposarcoma. Go to your doctor and find out what is causing the bump. If you find out what it is, or it goes away on its own, could you let us know? I'm curious to find out what it is.

Louise, wikiCancer moderator"
I've just this weekend discovered a lump the size of a thumb nail in my upper thigh on the outer side. It's quite deep and I am going to the doctor to have this seen. Is it possible that it is just a fatty, grisle lump? Or would the fact that it's itchy rule that out?
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
ProudMomofThree
ProudMomofThree
20. RE: small lump on my upper outter arm and parotid gland....
Feb 12 2007, 6:00 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2007, 6:00 PM EST
Hi, Iabout two weeks ago I noticed a small bump smaller than a pea on my parotid gland and it hasn't disappeared yet. It doesn't cause me any problems but I am really worried about it. I also have noticed I have a small bump on my upper outter arm and it is slightly raised like a pimple but it isn't....I believe ithas been there for quite some time and hasn't caused me any trouble either.....I am going to go get it checked out by a doctor asap but I was wondering what everyone elses' thoughts were....thanks 10  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next