Discussion: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivorReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time
ColetteThompson
ColetteThompson
"Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Feb 29 2008, 10:16 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2008, 10:16 AM EST
Hi, I guess I don't post much, I am pretty busy with my family. I have 4 children that were never supposed to be born, since I was not supposed to survive, back in 1977. They are my miracles and from them there are now 3 more miracles. I always thought God kept me around just so I could contribute to this world by leaving a legacy of children to carry on his work. It kept me going through the worst of times. 2 years battling my emotions as much as the unseen "Cancer".
Now I have lived long enough that my parents have been dealing with there own Cancer problems, my Dad fortunately beat his prostate cancer, now my mom is dealing with Thymus Cancer, with no treatment.
I finally have come full circle and can only now comprehend the pain they went through all those years ago with me.
I don't now if time has eased my personal memories, but being the watcher, I am finding, is far more difficult than being the patient.
I have never felt so tired of circles in life.
Colette
13  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Mar 19 2008, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 19 2008, 5:34 PM EDT
Hi Colette, I was looking though websites for inspirational cancer stories when I came across yours. It truly is a miracle that you are here today! A close family friend of mine was told this past Sunday that her cancer is terminal and they are giving her 6 months to live. I was wondering if you would be willing to write an email to her to boost her spirits since she is feeling down right now. If you would please email me at z103367@students.niu.edu
Thank you,
Kristen
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Mar 28 2008, 8:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2008, 8:22 AM EDT
i am also praying for a miracle for my younger sister who has sarcoma...she is now undergoing chemo and i know only God's miracle can heal her.... 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Mar 28 2008, 1:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2008, 1:19 PM EDT
Hi Kristen, I have no problem chatting, through this forum with your friend. I wish her well
Colette
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Jun 13 2008, 6:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 13 2008, 6:36 PM EDT
"Hi, I guess I don't post much, I am pretty busy with my family. I have 4 children that were never supposed to be born, since I was not supposed to survive, back in 1977. They are my miracles and from them there are now 3 more miracles. I always thought God kept me around just so I could contribute to this world by leaving a legacy of children to carry on his work. It kept me going through the worst of times. 2 years battling my emotions as much as the unseen "Cancer".
Now I have lived long enough that my parents have been dealing with there own Cancer problems, my Dad fortunately beat his prostate cancer, now my mom is dealing with Thymus Cancer, with no treatment.
I finally have come full circle and can only now comprehend the pain they went through all those years ago with me.
I don't now if time has eased my personal memories, but being the watcher, I am finding, is far more difficult than being the patient.
I have never felt so tired of circles in life.
Colette"
Hi Collette
My name is Kerrie and I live in Sydney australia ai was diagnosed with terminal cancer in Feb 2007 told I have 1 year to live I find your story inspiring. I am living the healthiest life style and being positive every body is different but i feel there are a lot of people out tthere that arnt as strong and positive and I would relly like to help them
Good luck in your journey
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Jun 14 2008, 4:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2008, 4:49 AM EDT
Hi Kerrie, every day you survive, you continue a legacy of helping others. I don't believe that chance brings people into our lives. We are here to learn and teach. You are continually doing both. You are an inspiration to others & you will come across individuals that need to learn from you as you carry on living your lifestyle that has benefited your ability to survive what was considered terminal cancer. Every day you are helping others, just by being here.
Colette
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

snakeoilhater
8. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor- I sympathize
Jun 11 2011, 1:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Oh yay someone pimping their snakeoil, gee there's something new. And the lowest of the low, preying on people fighting for their lives.

Frankly I almost hope you really do get cancer. I'm betting you'll try a whole lot of other things before you stoop to this BS.

1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

2112judith
9. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 9 2011, 2:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2011, 2:01 AM EST
Good luck and God bless you!!!

Kind regards from Austria
Do you find this valuable?    

snakeoilhater
11. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 10 2011, 2:15 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2011, 2:15 PM EST
Yeah I bet you would. Another low-life slimeball looking to milk naive/desperate people out of their money. You nauseate me punk.

THIS IS A SCAM FOLKS - and I would hope a rather obvious one ie with some of the classic tell-tale signs of fraud, like ridiculously high success rates, a total lack of detail about the "miracle cure" and how it's operated out of someplace like Ecuador vs the states, where it would get a lot more scrutiny and be subject to actually being able to PROVE its claims, which of course nobody ever does - and all you're left with are empty, bogus claims. What a joke. Or it would be, if there weren't people out there actually foolish enough to buy into your snake oil fraud and you wouldn't be potentially costing them their lives. You should be in jail.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Naru2008
Naru2008
12. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 16 2011, 2:30 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Snakeoilhater, don't jump to conclusion.

I don't think Jason is a scammer. He seems pretty legit. If he is a scammer, give me actual proof, and as a Moderator, I will ban him, but otherwise, don't jump to conclusions on someone you don't even know.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

snakeoilhater
13. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 16 2011, 3:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2011, 3:46 PM EST
Legit? Someone throws out a ridiculously fantastic claim about curing cancer with no evidence or proof of any kind. How is that legit? Anyone making such a claim should back it up. If not, it is not legit. That is not "jumping to conclusions."

Knowing him is irrelevant. If someone you don't know said fire-breathing dragons live in a remote Canadian village, would you believe him? What if they said you can cure any cancer by eating mud pies? Wouldn't you expect proof before believing something so incredible?

And this shows all the classic signs of a scam:

- claims of extremely high cure rates
- vague descriptions with nothing concrete or specific
- methods/products unproven, unverified and not approved by any independent. legit agency of any kind
- no, I repeat no scientific basis (never mind a valid one) as to how or why the cure (which we don't know anything about) works

Need I go on?

Given the seriousness of such a claim, HE is the one who needs proof and be able to back up what he says. Which he does not; only empty claims high on flashy promises and glaringly low on facts.

Saying something doesn't make it true. And false/unproven claims to be able to cure cancer is grossly irresponsible if not criminal. No such post should be permitted on any site which has a stated desire to help people with cancer in any way. It only promotes false hope and could cost such a person, desperate to believe, their lives by literally buying into such nonsense.

I am carefully documenting what is being said on this web page, and if I hear of just one such case I promise you I will do whatever I can to have the people responsible for tolerating such nonsense and doing nothing about it, even after it was brought to their attention, held legally responsible. I suggest you consider that.

If you don't want to ban him, at least delete that post.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Naru2008
Naru2008
14. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 17 2011, 12:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2011, 12:56 AM EST
I hope you are not threatening to take legal action against me for just saying I don't think Jason was a spammer, because he hasn't given out any sites, advertising them, and scamming anyone.
I can't, and wont, be held responsible for anything posted on this site. I promise you that. Wetpaint wont either. It's stated in Section 8 of Wetpaint's Terms Of Service (TOS) the following:
"Wetpaint is not liable for any statements, representations, Submissions, or Content provided by its users. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit, or monitor any Submissions posted by users (or any other activities of users on the Sites), we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove, take down, destroy, or delete any Content or Submissions at any time and for any reason, including without limitation, Submissions that we deem inappropriate, offensive, or which we believe may subject us to any liability."
If you'd like, here's the link to the TOS:
http://www.wikicancer.org/terms

Until Jason has done so, I am not going to ban him until I see a false-advertisement posted.

I am not here to even formally Moderate this place. I am here only because I was asked by Wetpaint Staff to join and delete the spam on the site, and make sure no more spammers join and spam. I am not here to Moderate this place for scams. That responsibility for me is on another site, where scammers/spammers post every single day, and I go through so many of them, it's ridiculous.

If you have a problem with this site, and how i'm doing things, maybe post a complaint on WetpaintCentral? If you'd like to, here's the link:
http://www.wetpaintcentral.com/thread

Just note, I am a Community Volunteer that is known through most of Wetpaint, like the rest of the Community Volunteers. I will post in the thread if I feel I must. Just wanted to let you be warned if you post on WPC.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

snakeoilhater
15. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 17 2011, 4:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2011, 4:01 AM EST
I am not threatening you or anyone specifically, and regret if it came across that way. In fact I appreciate your efforts, both here and elsewhere. But if you don't have "formal" moderation responsibilities to address scams, I would ask that you at least contact the appropriate people on this site so they can do so.

I also don't see much point digressing further into legal considerations and possibilities, but is that the only way to get anything done about people peddling snake oil? Does this site care so little about such things such that people can advertise whatever they want unchecked, no matter how unproven or shady? Are they more concerned about spam than bogus "cure" claims which could cost people their lives? How is it not obvious that the burden of proof should be on such people? How is looking the other way and ignoring such snake oil salesmen on a cancer site of all things not inexcusable and reprehensible?

In any event, thank you again for your efforts.
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Naru2008
Naru2008
16. RE: "Stage 4 aggressive" lympho-sarcoma survivor
Nov 17 2011, 10:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2011, 10:37 AM EST
Well sadly, the Moderators and Administrators that are supposed to watch the site were mostly Wetpaint staff members who have been laid-off.

Since I am the only one who is active, I'll be watching the site. It's the same with a site I mentioned with scammers/spammers. The mods there are inactive, so I am having to take their place.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?