Sign in or
Questions to ask your insurance company
While this list is by no means comprehensive, it will help as a handy guide to print out and check off as you answer each one and think of more. Please add to it if there are any important questions that are missing from the list.
- What cancer treatments and care does my policy cover?
- Do I have a primary care provider?
- Does the plan only cover certain “preferred” providers?
- Are yearly check-ups covered, or will it only cover sick visits?
- How much is covered if I go outside of the health plan?
- Do I need a referral from a primary care provider for specialist visits?
- Does the insurance company provide a written referral form?
- Do I need pre-certification before:
- Seeing a specialist
- Obtaining treatment, tests, and medical equipment
- Receiving physical therapy services
- Going to the emergency room
- Choosing a hospital
- Is there a co-pay due at the time of the visit?
- Is there an annual deductible?
- Is there an annual or lifetime limit to my coverage?
- Are there discounts on prescriptions filled at certain pharmacies?
- Are all tests and procedures covered both as an in-patient and an out-patient?
Latest page update: made by wetpaint
, Feb 22 2006, 10:32 AM EST
(about this update
About This Update
3 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: Financial issues insurance Physical therapy Preferred providers Primary care provider Questions
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.